Al-Wasi

Al-Wasi
"All Embracing"

Monday, April 12, 2010

Poem: Single Til I Fall Asleep

She has mocha chocolate brown complexion
Flawless skin and her voice harmonizes with wind like the lady that sung blues
She's addictive
She walks sweetly like she's stepping on clouds
Smells like a spring day after a soft rain
Her head and my shoulder go together like puzzle pieces
Never could disconnect what we share
Some people sleep on our love but I know she'll always be there
We walk slowly holding hands on the beach
I enjoy her company even if we do not speak
Looking deep into her eyes my interest peaks
Knowing our future is as endless as the sea
I sleep...
Of her I dream...
I think...
Only of her it seems
Wondering if loving this hard is even healthy
Nothing she could not cure
Never felt like this before
Sure I never will again
I close my eyes to pretend...
"Day dream,
I dream of you beneath the flowers,
For a couple of hours,
What a beautiful day"
Any sunshine sky would pale in comparison
She'd make a simile bashful
Make an angel envious
She makes me smile
Not with humor or quick wit
More like a her name on my caller ID type smile
I just love to know she's thinking of me
Keeping our justice scale balanced
Kissing in public like it's just us no one around us
Yea, we're so high school
But weren't teenage love affairs more comfortable
I wake beside her and kiss her lips
Her morning breath greets me letting me know we have another day together
So no matter what obstacles I face she'll be there to make it better
She motivates me
She moves me
She loves me
She is the girl of my dreams
Single til I fall asleep

1 comment: