Al-Wasi

Al-Wasi
"All Embracing"

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Artist of the Week: King Mez





Name Morris W. Ricks II - King Mez
Hometown Raleigh NC

How would you describe your art form??
Everything I artistically exert is a full extension of who I am. Meaning I just keep it 100. Nothing more, nothing less.

How did you get your name??
Well Mez was already a nickname as a rapper in High school. I put King on it for the level of respect I demand from people in general. I feel like every man is a King is his own dominion. And a woman a Queen in hers. Its just that very few people recognize that.

How did you start??
Its funny man, both of my parents actually rapped. It was destined man. I loved hip hop since I first heard it.

Favorite place you've performed??
The first place I performed was the Raleigh music hall. That joint was dope man. They closed it down while back smh. I was 17 years old.

What is your inspiration??
I'm inspired by life experiences and the way that I perceived them. It could be anything. Reading a book, hearing a song, driving a remote controlled car. Anything.

What are your goals or what do you hope to accomplish with your art??
I want people to love themselves entirely. Don't worry about what the world keeps telling you, you know? Be you.

What is your favorite piece you've done??
Mann, as of right now, My favorite song is Either "Winter" or this joint I did called "Victory" on The Paraplegics, not out yet.

Who is your favorite artist?? Underground and Professional
Its hard to just blatantly give a favorite. But I would have to say Rakim. As of now he innovated the game like no other. Nas and Lupe are the only other two to do that in my opinion. Underground Favs are Between MF Doom and Jay Electronica right now.

Where can you be heard and/or seen??
Any where online, or up and down the east coast this summer. Go to Welcometomezatron.blogspot.com for the show schedules.

What are your upcoming projects??
Right now I'm working on a project called "The Paraplegics" with my homie Commissioner Gordon. I do all the raps, he makes all the beats. And I'm also working on an EP with my homie Sinopsis from Kooley high. No name for that joint yet.

What is your favorite quote or quote you live by??
Message to fans "I'm a Martyr...Dead to the ways of the word" "Thank God for EVERYTHING" "I only build with the selfless"

Do you have a twitter facebook or other way you can be contacted??twitter.com/KingMez , and King Mez on fb.





No comments:

Post a Comment